Classification of Natural Products
Most of the natural sources of drugs are obtained from minerals that are both organic and inorganic in nature. Therapeutics has promoted from numerous drug classes derived from natural plant sources. The compounds are classified into four different groups according to their biosynthetic origin such as alkaloids, phenylpropanoids, polyketides and terpenoids whereas 200,000 structures of natural products from plants are known, only selected groups and compounds are present.
- Track 1-1 Alphabetical Classification
- Track 2-2 Morphological Classification
- Track 3-3 Taxonomic Classification
- Track 4-4 Pharmacological Classification
- Track 5-5 Chemical Classification
- Track 6-6 Chemo taxonomical Classification