Separation and Purification of Natural Compounds
Despite of substantial developments of extraction and separation techniques, isolation of natural products is still a challenging task. In this following session, major tools which are used in plant authentication will be discussed. Wide ranges of methods are available for identification of biological materials (plants, marine organisms, microorganisms) which are applicable to different degrees for confirmation of unknown material. A combination of several methods might be necessary for clear validation. The various processes used for extraction are: Maceration, Infusion, Digestion, Decoction and Percolation.
- Track 1-1 Extraction methods (for different plants)
- Track 2-2 Chromatographic techniques and methods
- Track 3-3 Isolation and Screening of Plant constituents
- Track 4-4 Factors affecting the processes
- Track 5-5 Separation by Distillation
- Track 6-6 Crystallization